2019 has been an awesome year for our Game Changers podcast. Guests included leadership experts, championship coaches and athletes, bestselling authors and more. Which was your favorite episode? Relive and discover the conversations you loved most. Here are the 10 most downloaded episodes from this year:
- Dabo Swinney on Leading from the Heart – For the second year in a row, the most downloaded episode was my conversation with Clemson football coach Dabo Swinney as he led the Tigers to a championship. Here are my favorite takeaways from this episode: 1) Serve their heart and not their talent; 2) Bloom where you’re planted; and 3) Let failure develop you, not define you.
- Marcus Buckingham on Nine Lies About Work – Author Marcus Buckingham discusses his book Nine Lies About Work which challenges many of our common assumptions about talent, leadership and high performance. Here’s a preview of the first three misguided beliefs that Marcus tackles: Lie #1: People care what company they work for; Lie #2: The best plan wins; Lie #3: The best companies cascade goals. Listen to the full episode to hear all nine!
- Inky Johnson on Overcoming Adversity – Inky Johnson’s NFL dream was shattered when a routine tackle abruptly ended his football career and permanently paralyzed his right arm. Instead of being defeated, Inky channeled his hardship into a powerful message of overcoming adversity. Inky talks about how to embrace the daily challenges of life to live with greater purpose.
- Angela Duckworth on Why Gritty People Are More Successful – Angela’s book Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance is one of those game-changing books that I recommend to every business leader, coach and parent because it will change your mindset and behaviors. Listen in to my conversation with Angela to discover how grit can be learned and what makes gritty individuals and teams different.
- Celeste Headlee on Ways to Have a Better Conversation – Celeste’s TED Talk “10 ways to have a better conversation” has been viewed more than 17 million times. She’s an award-winning journalist and the author of We Need To Talk – How To Have Conversations That Matter. Celeste shares the simple tools she’s learned to have better conversations and explains why poor communication is a $73 billion business problem.
- Carli Lloyd on Outworking the Competition – The United States women’s national soccer team captured the attention of the world this year. Team USA co-captain and two-time FIFA Player of the Year Carli Lloyd joined me on the show right before playing in her fourth World Cup. We dig into why she almost quit soccer, how she rebuilt her confidence, and why she loves the pressure of the big moment.
- Nate Oats on Embracing Your Leadership Journey – College basketball coach Nate Oats shares his unconventional rise to the top of the coaching world. Now the head coach at Alabama, Nate joined me on my podcast while leading the Buffalo Bulls in the NCAA tournament last season. We talk about building winning cultures and the core values of max effort, continuous growth and selfless love that shape his program.
- Jon Dorenbos on Life is Magic- A Story of Resilience, Faith and Forgiveness – Former NFL player turned America’s Got Talent contestant and magician, Jon Dorenbos has captured the hearts of fans with his incredible story of perseverance. This one is an inspiring message about forgiveness, resilience and optimism that will stick with you.
- Michael Hyatt on 3 Steps to Achieve More by Doing Less – Author and leadership expert Michael Hyatt shares his personal productivity framework. Discover how to eliminate distractions, set boundaries that protect your focus, and redefine your work so it works for you.
- Adam Grant on Finding Motivation and Meaning at Work – Organizational psychologist Adam Grant is an expert on how we can make workplaces more collaborative, creative and productive. In our conversation, he shares how helping others drives our success, and how to build resilience and re-discover joy after setbacks.
If you enjoy these conversations, please leave a rating or review to help others discover the show!
The Molly Fletcher Company inspires leaders, teams and organizations to kick-start growth. A keynote speaker and author, Molly draws on her decades of experiences working as a sports agent. Her company’s Game Changer Negotiation Training workshops teach business people the framework for successful negotiating, so that you can close more deals while building stronger relationships. Sign up here to receive our weekly newsletter and subscribe to the Game Changers with Molly Fletcher podcast on iTunes.