In 2020, we all learned how to reimagine—how we run our businesses, how we educate our kids, how we connect with our loved ones, and how we spend our time. With change thrust upon us, we learned how to reimagine how we show up and inspire one another. One of the things I love most about my podcast, Game Changers with Molly Fletcher, is that I’m able to connect with amazing guests from all over the world and listen to their unique journeys and perspective. In 2020 especially, these conversations were a bright spot!
This year we had an incredible lineup of guests— people who started incredible companies (John Mackey of Whole Foods, Arthur Blank of The Home Depot), top athletes and coaches (Tony Gonzalez, Leonard Hamilton, James Franklin), bestselling authors (Simon Sinek, Glennon Doyle, Susain Cain), an astronaut (Scott Kelly) and a Hollywood movie star (Matthew McConaughey).
Here are this year’s Top 10 downloaded episodes and my favorite takeaway from each. I hope you enjoy these conversations and I can’t wait to share with you what’s in store for 2021! Be sure to subscribe to the podcastand if you enjoy it, leave a rating or review to help others discover it!
- Matthew McConaughey on Unexpected Life Lessons from Hollywood and Beyond. Actor Matthew McConaughey took us behind the scenes of his Hollywood career and shared stories from his memoir Greenlights, a book he calls his “love letter to life.” My favorite takeaway: Always let the reach exceed the grasp.
- Simon Sinek on How to Lead with an Infinite Mindset. Bestselling author Simon Sinek shared why leaders who embrace an infinite mindset build stronger, more innovative, and more resilient teams. My favorite takeaway: Be the leader you wish you had.
- Glennon Doyle on Finding Your Brave. Nothing was off limits in this conversation with Glennon Doyle, activist and author of Untamed. She shared how her life changed when she abandoned the expectations of others and learned to trust herself. My favorite takeaway: Stop placing your identity in your roles.
- Shawn Achor on The Happiness Advantage. Happiness researcher Shawn Achor shared how we are thinking about happiness all wrong– and the simple steps you can take to spark happiness in your own life and the lives of others. My favorite takeaway: Success doesn’t fuel happiness. Happiness fuels success.
- Kelly McGonigal on How to Make Stress Your Friend. In a year that was filled with uncertainty and stress, Kelly McGonigal helped us understand why trying to avoid stress is counterproductive, and what you should do instead. My favorite takeaway: Stress can be good.
- Susan Cain on Unlocking the Power of Introverts. Susan Cain launched a “quiet revolution” with her bestselling book Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking. We talked about how to tap into the immense talents of introverts in the workplace and beyond. My favorite takeaway: “Charismatic leadership” is a myth. Introverted leaders often deliver better outcomes.
- Tony Gonzalez on Leveling Up to Maximize Your Potential. NFL Hall of Famer Tony Gonzalez shared the mindset and powerful habits that drive his success on and off the field. My favorite takeaway: Success leaves clues. Be curious.
- Lori Gottlieb on How Changing Your Story Can Change Your Life. Therapist Lori Gottlieb, author of Maybe You Should Talk to Someone, explained how the stories we tell ourselves can hold us back and how we can re-frame our narrative. My favorite takeaway: You are the narrator of your life. Pay attention to the story you are telling yourself.
- Whole Foods Founder & CEO John Mackey on The 9 Ingredients of Conscious Leadership. John Mackey shared his most valuable leadership lessons from building Whole Foods from a scrappy startup into one of the world’s most recognizable and loved brands. My favorite takeaway: To be a better leader takes intentionality and practice.
- Leonard Hamilton on How to Rebuild A Team for Long-Term Success. COVID halted his team’s dream of a national title, but Florida State men’s basketball Leonard Hamilton offered up some much-needed perspective. He shared the hurdles he had to overcome and the mindset he embraced to become one of the top college basketball coaches in the country. My favorite takeaway: Don’t let anybody outwork you.
The Molly Fletcher Company inspires leaders, teams and organizations to kick-start growth. A keynote speaker and author, Molly draws on her decades of experiences working as a sports agent. Her company’s Game Changer Negotiation Training workshops teach business people the framework for successful negotiating, so that you can close more deals while building stronger relationships. Sign up here to receive our weekly newsletter and subscribe to the Game Changers with Molly Fletcher podcast on iTunes.