Whether I am walking the dog, sitting in car pool line or waiting for a plane to take off, I grab nuggets from podcasts all day. Here are my top 8 leadership podcasts that I have in my library that I thought you might enjoy, too.
- Boss Files with Poppy Harlow: Conversations about business, leadership and innovation– Imagine you get to pull up a chair and have a conversation with some of the biggest names in business. In Boss Files, CNN’s Poppy Harlow goes beyond the headlines with leaders like Howard Schultz of Starbucks, Sara Blakely of SPANX, Kevin Plank of Under Armour and Melinda Gates. I love how intimate her interviews are; it’s like you’re really just listening in on their conversation.
- EntreLeadership– Hosted by Ken Coleman, EntreLeadership helps business owners become better business leaders and is filled with practical tips you can use right away. I’ve been a fan of the show long before I came on as a guest. Some of my favorite episodes have featured Adam Grant, Marcus Buckingham and Rachel Hollis.
- How I Built This– NPR has one of the most popular podcasts on the list. If you haven’t discovered it already, subscribe now! Host Guy Raz gives us the fascinating inside scoop on how some of the world’s best-known companies – from AOL to Zumba – were built with his thought-provoking questions.
- The Leadercast Podcast– Leadercast is known for its world-class leadership events and their new podcast promises to deliver compelling leadership content on topics like time management, recruiting talent, and goal setting.
- The Learning Leader Show with Ryan Hawk– Ryan’s message is clear: Leaders are learners. With that mindset, he’s curated an amazing list of guests like Simon Sinek, Gary Vaynerchuk, and Carol Dweck (and I was even fortunate to be a guest!). Ryan encourages his guests to share personal stories of successes, failures, and lessons learned so that we can all learn from them on our own journeys.
- The School of Greatness– Former professional football player Lewis Howes’s podcast has a whopping 673 episodes – and counting. I love the goal of his podcast: to share inspiring stories from the most brilliant business minds, world class athletes and influential celebrities to help you find out what makes great people great. Think interviews with everyone from Brené Brown to Daymond John and Novak Djokovic.
- Skimm’d from The Couch– From the creators of the popular daily newsletter targeted to female Millennials, theSkimm has expanded its offerings with this podcast. It’s awesome that they stay true to their audience and invite powerful female leaders on the show to get a real, “no BS” look at what it’s really like on the road to success. Recent guests include Arianna Huffington, Melanie Whelan of SoulCycle, and Katrina Lake of Stitch Fix.
- The Tim Ferriss Show– Tim Ferriss is considered the “Oprah” of podcasts and his shows are always a great listen. His episodes can be lengthy, but I always enjoy how in depth he gets with the guests and they are perfect for a long commute. I’m in awe of the way he crafts questions to pull authentic answers from all of his guests— like Tony Robbins, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Malcolm Gladwell.
The Molly Fletcher Company inspires leaders, teams and organizations to kick-start growth. A keynote speaker and author, Molly draws on her decades of experiences working as a sports agent. Her company’s Game Changer Negotiation Training workshops teach business people the framework for successful negotiating, so that you can close more deals while building stronger relationships. Sign up here to receive our weekly newsletter and subscribe to the Game Changers with Molly Fletcher podcast on iTunes.